What you are going to find on this blog: my thoughts (sometimes raw), my heart (spilling out), my honesty (maybe shocking), my ramblings (sometimes quite rambly!), my Jesus...especially that last one.

What you are not going to find: Platitudes (yuck), quick fixes (they don't exist), someone who acts like she has it all together...because I definitely DON'T!

I started this blog because I know the depths of muck in my own heart and the twistedness of my own thinking...and as I talked through my struggles with others I realized that I am not alone. So I promise to be honest with you, even if I think you aren't going to like me any more if I reveal the "real me." So if you want to keep thinking that I am a "nice" person, don't read my blog because I am not a nice person. But I am a redeemed person, saved by grace, for which I am eternally grateful.

Thursday, June 28, 2012


I wish
I could shield you from this pain
Spread my arms out and take the blows myself

I wish
That this world had more joy
and less sorrow

I wish 
I had an answer
to the questions asked and unasked

I will 
hurt with you
love you
pray for you

I will 
cling fiercely to every joy

I will
probably never stop questioning
but I still have peace in the midst of mystery

I will.



January 19, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment